Please, find below presentations and other documents related to ETUC and trade unions’ actions in standardisation:
EU Standardisation strategy:
- Speech delivered by Christophe Hauert, ETUC advisor on standardisation, at the EC Roundtable “Friends of standardisation” building on the Independent Review of the European standardisation system, 1 July 2015, Brussels;
- Presentation on « Services: European strategies, standardization and implications on Occupational health and safety » held at the 5th EUROSHNET Conference, 14-16 October 2015, Seville;
- Presentation of the « The ETUC Standardisation action » held at the Advisory Committee on Safety and Health - Working Party Standardisation, 13 November 2015, Luxembourg;
- Discovering the world of European standards: ETUC presentation held at the CEN-CENELEC StandarDays, 21-22 September 2016.
- ETUC Webinar - 25 February 2021 - "How can standardisation address the new challenges for health & safety under pandemics"
- ETUC STANDardisation webinar, in collaboration with CEN, on the technical cooperation between European and international standardisation. Understanding the Vienna Agreement - 6 October, 10h00 CET
- Online Course: webinar ‘ETUC study: A look at the impact of selected international & European standards on working conditions and social dialogue in the service sector’ – 7 July 2020, 10h00
- Online course: Societal stakeholders and standards
- ISO training material
- ETUC Training on standardisation
- CEN-CENELEC Training material on standaridsation
- Update on the ETUC STAND project - Work Programme 2018
- ETUC Standardisation work programme 2017
- Summary of ETUC standardisation work programme for 2016
- ETUC activity report 2016 on standardisation
- ETUC comments to CEN TC 436 'Aircraft cabin air quality'
- “Partnership between CEN and ETUC will serve to strengthen representation of workers within the European Standardization System”, CEN and ETUC press release, May 2015;
- ANEC, ECOS and ETUC joint proposal for « An effective contribution of societal stakeholders to ensure good quality standards » (September 2015);
- ETUI Policy Brief on « International standardisation and civil society participation : results from the INTERNORM project », n° 14/2015 [FR] [EN];
- Applying the « Feedback Method » to any kind of working environment - Lessons learnt from the scaffolding sector, final report, 2016.
- On 13th October 2016, ANEC, ECOS and ETUC held a joint conference on the topic "Making standards serve society". The conference webstream is available here and have a look at the conference report, including policy recommendations.
- The Feedback Method. Taking stock of workers’ knowledge to improve standards
- ETUC Leaflet: Standards affect workers
- ETUC Guide on "ISO 45001 - Using the new health and safety standard in the workplace"
- Joint ANEC-ECOS-ETUC-CEN-CENELEC leaflet: Civil society rights in the standardisation activities
- ETUC STAND leaflet: Becoming an ETUC experts on standards
- ETSI brochure: Standards and Society - the ETSI 3SI Programme
- Infographic: Health and safety at work during a pandemic
- Infographic: Health and safety at work during a pandemic (PDF)